Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Requirements as Lead
- General assembly work up to and including order fulfillment.
- Communicating important issues that arise on the production floor to the production supervisor such as safety, personnel, and production issues.
- Must be able to coordinate stock requirements and maintain inventory levels of parts and assemblies.
- Helps to Coordinate with Production, Service, and Sales to insure on-time shipments.
- Help promote and maintain a clean, organized, and safe workplace.
- Maintain a positive attitude when dealing with peers and all levels of management.
- Must learn all jobs in Mart Cart Production, Shipping, and Receiving.
- Must have mechanical skills to perform QC and fix Mart Carts that are in the “sick bay.”
Backup for Supervisor
- Monitor’s production schedules in order to insure completion in a timely and efficient manner.
- Able and willing to train on manufacturing software to schedule production activities when supervisor is absent.
- Requires good people skills and tact at all times.
- Inspects work areas to ensure clean and safe conditions are maintained.
- Strong sense of quality and knowledge of occupational hazards and management principals and practices.
- Ability to give and enforce directives set forth by management.
- Ability to council personnel as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout all departments and at all levels.
Backup for Logistics Manager
- Schedule Truck Lines
- Fill out truck line bill of ladings.
- Freight line quotes
- Contact representatives on discounts and any shipping problems.
- Work with sales on quotes and best shipping methods
- Do research on PPD orders.
- Check orders to make sure they are filled out properly, and complete.
- Make sure all credit card orders have approval numbers.
- 3rd Party Shipping Methods
- Shipping log
- PPD totals and Charts
- Truck line quotes
- Audit freight bills
- Damage Claim filing
- Read, write, and speak English clearly.
- Good communication skills.
- Organized and attention to detail.
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge is useful.
- Ability to operate and understand PC applications (application training is provided)
- Excel Charts
- Microsoft Word
- Forklift Experience
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Time Management
- Mental Alertness
- Long periods of concentration
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration from the tools and noise from the pneumatic tools. Forklift traffic. Heat level is high in the summer months. Personal Protective Equipment required in some positions such as safety glasses and/or gloves. Hearing protection is provided but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to walk reach with hands and arms: stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: and talk or hear, climb, and balance.
The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and grip. Must be able to pass a physical fitness for duty test, that assesses ability to lift varying weight essential to job function. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Portions of this job operates in a clerical office setting. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 6:00 to 2:30 or 7:00 to 3:30. Occasionally, overtime is required, and the employee must be able to work earlier than scheduled, later than scheduled, and/or on Saturdays.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of related experience preferred.
- Shipping Experience preferred.
AAP/EEO Statement: APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Other Job Duties
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
For inquiries, please contact:
Tel: (479) 636-5776