Customer Service Technician
Job Title: Customer Service Technician II
Department: MC/SMT Service
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Customer Service Technician II is responsible for ensuring excellent care of customers and service companies by providing the services necessary to ensure accurate and timely repair of our products through technical analysis, orders, and other supporting processes. This position also serves as a key contact for customers who require in-depth support to achieve resolution.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Communicate with end-user customers, technicians, and service companies to effectively troubleshoot and satisfactorily resolve technical issues.
- De-escalate situations involving dissatisfied customers, offering to serve as primary contact until resolution is achieved.
- Serve as primary contact to assigned accounts who are experiencing challenges with equipment above and beyond typical repair.
- Create and organize needed documentation to support timely resolution to assigned customer accounts to include collaboration with internal departments to determine root-cause failure(s)
- Has technical knowledge of all Mart Cart and SMT products, including but not limited to, Mart Cart branded units (all models), Care Chairs, Shoppers Aids, and SMT system components.
- Assist customer and accounting department in resolution of billing issues.
- Generate accurate parts orders when received from customer via email, phone, etc.
- Authorize warranty work and return goods processes according to procedure.
- Assist Manager with procedural training with newly hired Customer Service Technicians
- Serve as back up to Customer Service Technician I related to record keeping, filing, and processing
- Perform field repairs as required. May require travel.
- Basic understanding of electrical, mechanical, and electro-mechanical products.
- High level of communication (requires fundamental knowledge of grammar and sentence structure and ability to discuss technical issues at a layman’s level).
- Demonstrates empathetic care for our customers’ needs.
- Capacity for learning new business systems software.
- Computer Experience
- Analytical aptitude (problem research/resolution)
- MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel)
Majority of time spent will be in an office environment. Long period of sitting is required. Time will be required in Warehouse and Production facilities that may include machinery, high heat levels during summer months, and noise from tools. While performing some of the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to noise and vibration from the tools. Personal Protective Equipment may be required in some instances such as safety glasses and/or gloves. Hearing protection is provided and required if noise is excessive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and grip. Must be able to lift and walk with up to 40-pound object. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00. Occasionally, overtime is required, and the employee must be able to work earlier than scheduled, later than scheduled, and/or on Saturdays.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 -3 years of related experience
APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated
Other Job Duties: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
For inquiries, please contact:
Tel: (479) 246-6402