Job title: Installations Technician
Department: Spray Master Tech. Installations
Reports To: Installations Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Heavy travel up to 95% of the time. Some weekend travel and/or work.
- Ensure client satisfaction by completing quality installation and testing of pressure washer and central vacuum systems to specification.
- Demonstrate system use to clients.
- Communicate frequently and clearly with General Contractors and Project Managers, peers, and SMT/APC management.
- Observe all safety precautions while performing job.
- Extensive overhead work.
- Demonstrate wise use of time by logging travel and labor hours.
- Demonstrate stewardship of funds by reporting travel expenses including meals, fuel, and lodging.
- Assist Production, Maintenance, and/or Service departments when not traveling on an install.
- Must have an excellent driving record and a valid driver’s license.
- Eligible for passport and international travel
- OSHA-10/30 certification is required and will be provided.
- Technical Capacity
- Ability to take direction from superiors.
- Honest and Reliable
- Professional at all times
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration and noise from the pneumatic tools. Forklift traffic. Heat level is high in the summer months. Personal Protective Equipment required in some positions such as safety glasses and/or gloves. Hearing protection is provided but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. Climb ladders, lift heavy objects, operate heavy tools and equipment, including drills, saws, and electrical or hydraulic scissor-lifts. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and grip. Must be able to work overhead for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and walk with up to 90-pound object. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Long hours of sitting in a vehicle is required. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours vary according to installation set up.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Construction a plus.
- Electrical or plumbing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of pressure washer and/or central vacuum systems is a plus.
AAP/EEO Statement: APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Other Job Duties: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
For inquiries, please contact:
Tel: (479) 246-6402