Warehouse Material Handler
Job title: Warehouse Material Handler
Department: Jotto Desk
Reports To: Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Trained & Licensed Forklift Driver
- Fill product request slips for Production
- Fill ALL WIP Locations, ALL product lines
- Check with WH Facilitator prior to Panic Breaks: Provide: productions use quantity, quantity left in WIP, quantity left in warehouse
- Help set up warehouse changes; building shelves and moving inventory
- Sweep portions of the warehouse daily and a full sweep monthly of the rows
- Make sure area is clean and neat daily
- Keep all pallets readable from the floor (part# and qty.)
- Fill out red tags with correct part number and vendor if part is found defective during material handling.
- Help shipping load the shipping trucks in the afternoon, as needed
- Help with receiving put-a-ways if time allows
- Any other assistance time allows
- Basic computer skills recommended
- Must be willing and able to move to other areas/buildings within the company to perform Assembler I or Assembler II or Material Handler duties when needed.
- Ensure cycle counting is correct and complete by 7:00 a.m. daily when Warehouse Facilitator is absent.
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Time Management
- Mental Alertness
- Long periods of concentration
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration from the tools and noise from the pneumatic tools. Forklift traffic. Heat level is high in the summer months. Personal Protective Equipment required in some positions such as safety glasses and/or gloves. Hearing protection is provided but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and grip. Must be able to pass a physical fitness for duty test, that assesses ability to lift varying weight essential to job function. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 to 3:30. Occasionally, overtime is required, and the employee must be able to work earlier than scheduled, later than scheduled, and/or on Saturdays.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of related experience
AAP/EEO Statement: APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated
Other Job Duties: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
For inquiries, please contact:
Tel: (479) 246-6402