Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Package products in boxes
- Place products on pallets and band/shrink wrap, if necessary
- Operate PC
- Weigh boxes
- Enter boxing and shipping Information into Syteline
- Produce and place shipping labels on boxes
- Load and unload products from trucks
- Operate manual floor jack and powered forklift
- Restock parts/supply bins when needed
- Primary back up for Shipping Coordinator
- Must be able to clearly read, understand, and speak the English language
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must have the ability to operate and understand PC applications (application training is provided)
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge is useful
Duties as Back up for Shipping Coordinator:
- Schedule Truck Lines
- Fill out truck line bill of ladings
- Obtain freight line quotes
- Deal with representatives on discounts and any shipping problems.
- Obtain International Shipping Quotes
FedEx and UPS Order
- Obtain FedEx and UPS quotes
- Fill out Return labels
- Track orders
- Excel Sheets
- Update Shipping log
- Update PPD totals and Charts
- Research and Log Sales/OE mistakes
- Work with sales on quotes and best shipping methods
- Research on PPD orders when necessary
- Will be required to assist production activities when needed
- Must be able to band product to pallets
- Good communication with sales, order entry, accounting, and customers
- Must be detailed oriented
- Check orders to make sure they are filled out properly, and complete.
- Make sure all credit card orders have approval numbers
- Excel Charts
- Microsoft Word
- English (Read and Write)
- Well Organized and attention to detail
- Forklift Experience
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Time Management
- Mental Alertness
- Long periods of concentration
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration from the tools and some noise from the pneumatic tools. Forklift traffic. The heat level is high in the summer months. Personal Protective Equipment required in some positions such as safety glasses and/or gloves. Hearing protection is provided but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk: reach with hands and arms: stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl: and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and grip. Must be able to pass a physical fitness for duty test, that assesses the ability to lift varying weight essential to job function. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 6:00 to 2:30 or 7:00 to 3:30. Occasionally overtime is required, and the employee must be able to work earlier than scheduled, later than scheduled, and/or on Saturdays.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of related experience
APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated
Other Job Duties
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
For inquiries, please contact:
Tel: (479) 636-5776